EnviroStars - We're 5 Stars
EnviroStars is a program that certifies businesses for their efforts in preventing pollution and reducing hazardous waste. Certified EnviroStars businesses are given a two-to-five star rating based on their commitment to reducing hazardous waste. The higher the star rating, the more proactive the business has been in protecting the environment.
Sunrise is committed to environmental stewardship and the conservation of valuable natural resources. These are some of the ways that we are able to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Responsible and judicious use of pesticides. We look before we treat. The use of chemicals is only a part of Integrated Pest Management.
- Proper disposal of pesticide containers and packaging reduces spills and waste.
- Reduction of fuel achieved through efficient, computer and GPS aided dispatch of our vehicles.
- Recycling of aluminum, paper, plastics, cardboard, batteries, and more.
- We only use materials approved by the Enviromental Protection Agency. Also, all of our Technicians are annually licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
- Email notifications and digital document delivery reduce paper and printing consumption, as well as fuel for the post office. As an extra benefit, we retain scanned copies of all reports, and many customers enjoy email more than post mail.
- Conversion from gasoline-powered pumps to electric pumps on most of our vehicles. Electric pumps are also quieter and cause less disturbance to our Customers.
The EnviroStars program also gives consumers an objective way to identify environmentally sound businesses. Just look for the EnviroStars logo.